February 2, 2011

Super Dip


Perhaps you'd like to be the star of your Super Bowl party?  Perhaps you'd like to make a few new friends?  Then boy do I have just the thing for you!

Take it from me, I don't even care about things like the Super Bowl, but when it comes to a 4 hour span of snacking on a smorgasbord of goodies, I'm your gal.  This is when people pull out the big guns of finger food munchies, really go all out, and I can't turn down opportunities like that.

I can't remember how I stumbled upon this recipe - tastespotting is a likely candidate, though - but it had me scrambling to the fridge within 5 minutes to check what I needed to buy to MAKE THIS RIGHT NOW.  I know my picture is probably not really doing that for you right now in all it's washed out and blobby glory, but I bet if I would have just stuck a few radish slices on top and then told you about it tangy, crunchy, garlicky, earthy flavor that might motivate you some.  There's dill and lemon and the bite of garlic at the end and all of that is studded with hot pink radish chunks that could only improve if you manage to find the rare spicy ones.

I'm telling you, you have a hit on your hands here, what you choose to do with it is up to you.


Radish Dip
Adapted from Lick my Spoon

This dip gives you options and I've already tweaked it a bit from the original by adding an additional clove of garlic - more garlic is never a bad thing - and about 3 times as much dill because I love both of those flavors.  Go ahead and use Neufchatel for a lower fat option, with everything else going on flavor wise, no one will be able to tell the difference.  I obviously dipped to my heart's content with tortilla chips (serious addiction over here), but Lick my Spoon says Frito's Scoops are the way to go.  I won't tell if you pick fresh veggies, though.

1 cup diced radishes
8 ounces softened cream cheese
1 tablespoon lemon juice
Zest of 1 lemon
2 tablespoons mayonnaise
1 tablespoon finely chopped dill
1 teaspoon salt
2 cloves garlic, minced

Put all ingredients in a bowl stir until completely mixed.  Serve with chips or veggies.

No comments:

Post a Comment