April 13, 2011

Full Circle

 
Whew!  Where did that month go?  At this point I don't think I even remember February. 

The end of March was so full of celebrations.  Ushering in springtime!  D's and my anniversary!  This blog turned one!

A year ago, when I first started A Kitchen Endeavor I was unemployed, just barely going back to school and floating around without any real commitments.  It was nice for a time, but I think deep down I really wanted something to dig my hands into.  Friends were nudging and hinting me in the direction of starting a blog as a means to share my recipes, and really I couldn't think of any reason not to.

I'm not a writer by trade or practice, but over the past year I've pushed myself out of my comfort zone and have come to appreciate the craft.  Whether it's a pathway for venting, to share silly anecdotes or walking through a new recipe, writing has been the key vehicle.

Learning to translate food to words and find the right words to move you to food has been quite the adventure.

I know I might be jumping the gun a little here with 4 more months to round out the year, but I'm going to go ahead and declare 27 to be the best yet.  I've spent it nurturing this blog.  It's the year that the past 10 years of on and off attendance at community college finally paid off and I was accepted to 2 (two!) universities' Nutrition programs.  I have a great job where I get to interact with incredible people who have done nothing but astound me by their goodness, kindheartedness and passion.  I have my health, amazing friends and family and I feel like I've really grown to be comfortable in my own skin.  Of course there's always something more to aspire to, but this year's done me good and this blog has been a big part of that.

So thank you.  Everyone.  For everything.  I know it's been away a while; but I just thought you should know, I'm always thinking about you.

{xo}

No comments:

Post a Comment