September 8, 2011

City Life

*tap tap*  Is this thing on?

Something happened in the move.  I lost my brain, I think.  It's not completely back, but I'm working on it.


21 days ago I stepped off a plane at SFO and greeted my new home.  Hello, San Francisco.  Sticking out like a sore thumb in seasonally inappropriate little black shorts and a light sweater, my new city welcomed me with a heavy blanket of fog that poured down the hill, making me shiver and sniffle.  It's gonna take some getting used to.  I don't quite yet feel settled.  

The apartment is all set up, school has started for both D and I; we even signed up for a CSA, but I'm still missing San Diego.  I'm missing the warm sunny beach days and California burritos - though truth be told I prefer other burritos more - they just don't do Mexican food the same up here.

The rest of it, the restaurants in San Francisco, blow my mind.  I've probably eaten out more in the past few weeks than I did in the 6 months prior to moving, but it's all in the name of research.  Burmese, Thai, French Creole Soul, perfect breakfast pastries at Tartine, crazy good ice cream at Mitchell's.

Eating good food makes me feel better.  Bring on this new adventure.

No comments:

Post a Comment